2019 eGolf Prices Paid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoulesThief said:
Best selling price I've seen in a long, long time, on a SEL. Nice work on your negotiations!

It's a complex car, read the Owners Manual cover to cover a few times, and sit down with the owners manual inside your car to go through and learn how all the features work. it will save you a lot of grief and questions.

It's even better to have the dealership demonstrate all the features before you sign the paperwork and drive off of the lot. Part of their sales training, working with a VW e-Golf expert at a dealership.

Thank for the wise (and nice!) words. The discussion on this string was very helpful to me in preparing for my bid process. I didn't suggest a price. I asked for best price proposals from several dealers. There were three clusters of proposals. One way high cluster, one in the middle, and one cluster at the bottom.

Next step: turn in the Volt, which is off lease at end of August. I thought we were going to buy the Volt but my wife told me after 2.5 years that she didn't like the visibility. Bolt was our first replacement candidate, but the dealers weren't interested in working a deal. So we discovered the eGolf. Better visibility, better headroom/cargo, better seats, acceptable range. Done.

furiouschads said:
JoulesThief said:
Best selling price I've seen in a long, long time, on a SEL. Nice work on your negotiations!

It's a complex car, read the Owners Manual cover to cover a few times, and sit down with the owners manual inside your car to go through and learn how all the features work. it will save you a lot of grief and questions.

It's even better to have the dealership demonstrate all the features before you sign the paperwork and drive off of the lot. Part of their sales training, working with a VW e-Golf expert at a dealership.

Thank for the wise (and nice!) words. The discussion on this string was very helpful to me in preparing for my bid process. I didn't suggest a price. I asked for best price proposals from several dealers. There were three clusters of proposals. One way high cluster, one in the middle, and one cluster at the bottom.

Next step: turn in the Volt, which is off lease at end of August. I thought we were going to buy the Volt but my wife told me after 2.5 years that she didn't like the visibility. Bolt was our first replacement candidate, but the dealers weren't interested in working a deal. So we discovered the eGolf. Better visibility, better headroom/cargo, better seats, acceptable range. Done.

Now that you own a German car, understand that they don't think or build cars like most other manufacturers. Learn the car, and adapt to it's new behaviors and new features. You are human, learn to adapt. Don't expect the car to change it's ways to you and your preferences, it won't, it's inanimate. It's up to you to learn, and discover workarounds to it's quirky design and nature. The Germans do things very differently than Americans, in their engineering and applications and layouts. Especially software and how you'd like it to recharge, and when.

I got $10,500 off MSRP on a 2019 SE with Driver Assistance today. And with zero negotiating hassle. I sent paper(!) letters to 10 SF Bay Area Internet or Fleet Sales Managers, giving them a week to respond with their best price, offering to finance if that would help. Within a couple of days, I got two email responses, one for -$10,500, one for -$9,000. On the final day, I got two more, one for -$10,500, one for -$10,000. Three dealers had the color I wanted (white or silver), one said he'd get a car from another dealer. Today I picked up the car from Dirito Brothers in Walnut Creek CA in the easiest face-to-face dealer encounter I've ever had. I definitely recommend Diego Soto at Dirito. Knowledgeable, straightforward, even patient when I had to figure out how to unlock my credit report.

My only regret: They asked if I wanted to put some money down on the car. I asked if there was any advantage to me. No, was the reply, but I think that was untrue. If I'd put a big chunk down, I would not be paying nearly so much interest on the three payments I must make before paying off the loan.

The car is as good as I expected. Especially, it has the supple ride, direct steering, and flat cornering I associate with European cars. In one respect, it's surpassed my expectations: Unless I had a tailwind all the way home, the lack of wind noise is uncanny.

Nemo said:
I got $10,500 off MSRP on a 2019 SE with Driver Assistance today. And with zero negotiating hassle. I sent paper(!) letters to 10 SF Bay Area Internet or Fleet Sales Managers, giving them a week to respond with their best price, offering to finance if that would help. Within a couple of days, I got two email responses, one for -$10,500, one for -$9,000. On the final day, I got two more, one for -$10,500, one for -$10,000. Three dealers had the color I wanted (white or silver), one said he'd get a car from another dealer. Today I picked up the car from Dirito Brothers in Walnut Creek CA in the easiest face-to-face dealer encounter I've ever had. I definitely recommend Diego Soto at Dirito. Knowledgeable, straightforward, even patient when I had to figure out how to unlock my credit report.

My only regret: They asked if I wanted to put some money down on the car. I asked if there was any advantage to me. No, was the reply, but I think that was untrue. If I'd put a big chunk down, I would not be paying nearly so much interest on the three payments I must make before paying off the loan.

The car is as good as I expected. Especially, it has the supple ride, direct steering, and flat cornering I associate with European cars. In one respect, it's surpassed my expectations: Unless I had a tailwind all the way home, the lack of wind noise is uncanny.

Congrats! Enjoy it!

You don’t have to make three monthly payments, by the way. If you pay it off immediately the dealership won’t get their bonus from VW Credit but you won’t be penalised. It’s up to you as to how you feel about that.

Nice Nemo. I'm in the same boat as you were. Looking for a e-Golf. I'm having trouble finding a dealer who will go above the magical $9999 threshold. I may try your trick though. I'm curious to see if August brings any different incentives or discounts.

Did your price include any of their other random bonuses/partnerships/etc or a trade in?

If you look earlier in the thread there...many folks have gotten 11.5k off...throw in all the rebates and the final price is approaching $9k+ttl.

My $10,500 discount did not include any of the bonuses offered to military, recent college grads, employer partnership, etc.

I got $10K off MSRP for SEL Premium. Like others, I had to finance through VWcredit to get the deal. All I did was ask what deals were available and that was what was given. This was at Sunnyvale VW.

I recently shopped for an e-Golf SE down here in southern California. I fully expected to get the $10k off MSRP on an SE with DAP. Found plenty of them at various dealers but most balked at the $10k discount. One dealer south of San Diego had what I wanted for the price I wanted advertised in the Autotrader. Actually, they had four identical while SEs with DAP with a $10,200 discount. They clearly stated that their asking price was $33,475 minus the $10,200 discount. Well, of course, after confirming with the sales person that the price was accurate and available, they called back and said I needed to pay extra from some dealer add-ons I was not interested in. Eventually made a deal with my local dealership in Carlsbad for $9500 off list. Their staff was great, friendly and personable so I decided to support my local dealership. I've driven a 2016 SparkEV for the last 3 years and have loved it. Finally, the short range (82 miles) made me move up to the e-Golf. Now a trip down to San Diego or up to Orange county can be made at normal highway speeds instead of limping along in the slow lane at 58mph.

sleepnomore said:
I recently shopped for an e-Golf SE down here in southern California. I fully expected to get the $10k off MSRP on an SE with DAP. Found plenty of them at various dealers but most balked at the $10k discount.
How long did you try for the deal? It took me a week before Santa Monica VW met my price point but by then I reached out to other dealers and DTLA VW agreed instantly so I went with them.

In Sacramento, CA.

I went in for a SE, and came out with an SEL on 8/8. I was looking for a ~15K used EV, and came across this forum and others and realized I could get a new for around the same or cheaper. Despite paying ~5k more for the SEL, I am pretty happy so far.

The dealer I went to didn't have any SE w/ DAP, and the other dealer local to me had one but not in my (wife's) color and were "only" offering $9500 off SE.

First dealer offered me the SEL at the following:

List: $39,925

Selling Price: $28,637

So: $10,788 off.

I got an additional $500 off partner program (which they didn't end up taking off initially, but let me come back for a revised contract).

So, total off: $11,288 off.

Then, I traded in a ratty old 2005 camry for an additional $1,000 (could have got a little more externally, but not worth the trouble for the condition).

I tried to convince them for some low priced accessories, they wouldn't budge.

Out the door, pre-tax $27,637

After taxes and fees, it was $30,483.83 out the door.

So, with the following rebates:

Federal: $7,500
State: 2,500
Electrical: $600

The Final pre-tax price was: $17,037 to me.

With taxes/fees: $20,383.83

PNW / PDX drivers -
After leasing a '15 e-golf that got declared a lemon by VW and bought back, I am ready to try again, now in PDX.
Would prefer to shop locally, but inventory is low. Auburn, WA has almost as many as all the dealers in the PDX area... In addition to trying to support those close by, am worried about the reg. with the Oregon DMV.

So, any recommendations on which of the local ones would be best to work with on leasing one?
Looking at the SEL trim.

Thanks in advance.

g0rwell said:
First dealer offered me the SEL at the following: List: $39,925 Selling Price: $28,637 So: $10,788 off.

This is the deal I'm hoping to get this month in the Bay Area, so good to know worse case I can head up to Sac. The SEL's $5-6k price increase over the SE isn't worth it, however I am interested in the LED headlights and parking sensors so we'll see.

The window for Monterey and Santa Cruz county's $1000 rebate opened August 1st so the time is right to trade in the 2016 SE for something with more range and a fast charger, even if I only keep it 1-2 years.

Now just hoping the State $2500 rebate pool gets replenished on September 30th, which it should (knock on wood). Hopefully they don't lower the income requirements again.

johnnylingo said:
g0rwell said:
First dealer offered me the SEL at the following: List: $39,925 Selling Price: $28,637 So: $10,788 off.

This is the deal I'm hoping to get this month in the Bay Area, so good to know worse case I can head up to Sac. The SEL's $5-6k price increase over the SE isn't worth it, however I am interested in the LED headlights and parking sensors so we'll see.

My sentiments exactly, not worth it. But the LED's on my 2015 SEL are easy to drive with at night with these old eyes. There's some serious value in that, if it prevents having an accident or hitting an animal at night on the roads.

Dogglepuss said:
Hey g0rwell, don't hold out on us. Which dealer gave you the deal in Sac?

It's common knowledge you got to do your own homework to get a good deal on an e-Golf.

Gotta do the hustle yourself, for yourself, to earn the savings, yourself.
You never know, you might be able to do even better than they did.

Dogglepuss said:

It was Niello Volkswagen.

My sentiments exactly, not worth it. But the LED's on my 2015 SEL are easy to drive with at night with these old eyes. There's some serious value in that, if it prevents having an accident or hitting an animal at night on the roads.

I kind of agree, the SEL isn't worth 5K over the SE w/ DAP (it is w/o dap in my opinion). In my case, affording the added 5k wasn't an issue, and the techy in me really likes the digital dash. But, if they had a white SE w/ DAP, I would have walked away with that. I think the digital dash is what mostly sold me on it as I kind of wanted it before going in anyways :)

The parking assist is really cool as well, not sure how useful it would be for me in the long run, but I tested it in some tight parallel spaces and it parks 100% better than me.

If I didn't use Waze almost exclusively, I would say the Nav for the SEL is a great as well addition with it being featured in the digital Dash. I think my wife may end up using the built in Nav exclusively though.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I've been trying to wheel and deal with Niello as well. Going back and forth and they won't go less than $9400 off for me on an SE. Maybe a bit more profit to be had with the SEL? Hmm.

g0rwell said:
Dogglepuss said:

It was Niello Volkswagen.

Hi all,

Purchased a 2019 SE with Driver Assistance, Blue, from VW Pasadena
$10k off plus additional $500 for partner certificate, negotiated before going in to the dealer
And a fair price for my trade-in

Pretty quick, couple of hours to finish all the paperwork

Cheers,
-CK

Back