Anyone got a great deal this week?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"with terms you can live with" is the operative phrase, I think.

I'm not saying don't lease an eGolf right now, just don't feel pressured to do it right now if it's not served the way you want it.
Well, frankly, I think this way about all purchases and it's especially true during a vehicle purchase.

I don't think VW is even a tenth of the way to the 200,000 sales that phases out the federal incentives.

bizzle said:
"with terms you can live with" is the operative phrase, I think.

I'm not saying don't lease an eGolf right now, just don't feel pressured to do it right now if it's not served the way you want it.
Well, frankly, I think this way about all purchases and it's especially true during a vehicle purchase.

I don't think VW is even a tenth of the way to the 200,000 sales that phases out the federal incentives.

4232 sold in USA in 2015. http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

357 sold in USA in 2014, 1 sold in October, a few more in November and December.

Judging by the demand to lease the newer, lower price point 2016 SE e-Golfs, perhaps VW will move 10,000 or more e-Golfs in 2016? One can wish and hope. When the lease numbers look good, and customers feel they are getting good value, the SE's seem to fly off the dealership lots, compared to the higher price point SELs.

I did some bay area shopping over this last week or so and I agree that due to the limited inventory the better deals we have seen reported here might be getting a little harder to come by. That said, we came home tonight with a 7500 mile lease on a 2016 SE (no quick charge) for a total cost of 7100 (before state rebate). Additionally, after we agreed to this deal, we were contacted by a second dealer that offered a 10k mile lease on a 2016 SE that included the quick charge, for a total lease cost of 7700.

I thought we did ok with the deal we took, but the second offer seems great to me, considering they added more miles and a $1600 vehicle option. Since I don't anticipate our usage patters will allow us to get much use out of the quick charger, I am not bummed at all.

TLDR - Keep trying, call or visit other dealers until someone meets your reasonable price point.

Porker said:
I did some bay area shopping over this last week or so and I agree that due to the limited inventory the better deals we have seen reported here might be getting a little harder to come by. That said, we came home tonight with a 7500 mile lease on a 2016 SE (no quick charge) for a total cost of 7100 (before state rebate). Additionally, after we agreed to this deal, we were contacted by a second dealer that offered a 10k mile lease on a 2016 SE that included the quick charge, for a total lease cost of 7700.

I thought we did ok with the deal we took, but the second offer seems great to me, considering they added more miles and a $1600 vehicle option. Since I don't anticipate our usage patters will allow us to get much use out of the quick charger, I am not bummed at all.

TLDR - Keep trying, call or visit other dealers until someone meets your reasonable price point.

Glad you found a deal that works for you. Some have found that with how much lower the cost per mile is on their e-Golf, they drive more, not less, and then they wish for quicker charging. Only you know what charger pack, and price point is best for you.

Back