Car does not start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaric

My father purchased used E-Golf, car seems nice. Not a long time ago 12V battery had been replaced.

What happens next:
- Everytime he leaves car, for example to open a garage, car shutdown itself.
- After car shutdown it refuses to start. He presses brake and Start button, but nothing happens.
- This can continue for 10 minutes, as suddenly car decided to start back and drive like nothing happen.

Is this a known problem? He is really upset, every day been stuck in front of the house on the road!

Please help, anyone has any idea how to troubleshoot the start problem or disable this shutdown at least?

Thanks!

My father purchased used E-Golf, car seems nice. Not a long time ago 12V battery had been replaced.

What happens next:
- Everytime he leaves car, for example to open a garage, car shutdown itself.
- After car shutdown it refuses to start. He presses brake and Start button, but nothing happens.
- This can continue for 10 minutes, as suddenly car decided to start back and drive like nothing happen.

Is this a known problem? He is really upset, every day been stuck in front of the house on the road!

Please help, anyone has any idea how to troubleshoot the start problem or disable this shutdown at least?

Thanks!
Maybe start button is faulty. Remove button and clean (video somewhere) as it is same button for petrol Golf or purchase a new button.

My wife has complained that the car gets “very upset” (lots of beeping) and can turn itself off when you take the key away from the car when it’s running - like to grab something out of the garage. We haven’t had any trouble with it restarting though. We have replaced the key fob batteries at least twice for our 2019. I’d change the key fob battery, and maybe have him put the key in the center console so the car doesn’t shut off in the first place.

My wife has complained that the car gets “very upset” (lots of beeping) and can turn itself off when you take the key away from the car when it’s running - like to grab something out of the garage. We haven’t had any trouble with it restarting though. We have replaced the key fob batteries at least twice for our 2019. I’d change the key fob battery, and maybe have him put the key in the center console so the car doesn’t shut off in the first place.
Yes, my car also complains when key gets too far away.

Back