Climate control using e-manager (not plugged in)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckk5150

Recently purchased a lovely 2019 Blue SE, and have been enjoying discovering the various features. The forum has been super helpful in learning about the car.

I did have a question that I was not able to find in the forums - plenty of comments around remote climate control - but nothing around my specific question.

So went out for lunch today and was 95F. Was about to walk back to the car, remembered that I have car-net, so tried to log in to activate remote climate control. After 3-4 unsuccessful login attempts, I was able to login in (why do they ask for a password and a PIN I still can't figure out), turn the A/C on, and 5 minutes later the car was comfortable. Awesome stuff.

But, given the issues around Car-net, is there was a way to activate remote climate control before exiting the car i.e. not relying on the app? For example, can I set something up in e-manager that does not involve charging the car, but set the departure time and activate climate control management? Or can I just leave the A/C at 78, put car in Park, parking brake on, lock the car but never hit the "stop/start" button?

Thanks.

Back