Convenience AUTO windows up feature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I figured out how to lock doors and raise all windows UP by holding my hand over the KESSY sensor on the front door handles.

But the car's menu settings seem to have a Convenience all windows DOWN feature also. Does anyone know how to activate this feature? I tried pressing and holding down the Unlock button on the key fob but that does not work.

Thank you.

If I recall, it should be similar to the windows UP method as well that you're doing.

When your car is locked, if you unlock it with your finger pressed against the KESSY sensor on the front of the door handle (that slight indentation area), hold it there, and a second or two later, all the windows should start rolling down if the Convenience Down feature is set.

So it does actually work, but I just gave the wrong instructions...since I hadn't actually used this in a while.

Once you unlock your car and open up the driver's door, then hold down the driver's side window button to roll it down...and keep holding it down, and all the other windows will also roll down. I just tried this out, and it works fine.

Granted, it's not quite as convenient as just pressing a button to unlock and then keep pressing to have all the windows come down, but the feature is there.

I used VCDS to enable proper keyfob open/close of windows. It really helps in the summer.
I really don't see the value in doing it from the door handle. (Maybe closing, if you realize you forgot to do it while in the car.)

Back