Driver Assistance Package availability in the US?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MickM said:
Driver Assistance Package availability in the US?
Anybody know?...
A quick search on Cars.com for e-Golf sorted by price, high to low, within 200 miles of San Francisco showed 6 cars with a MSRP of $39k and change. Those are the SEL with DAP. The next ones are plain SEL with a price below $38k.

Opening the search to the whole country, there are 6 more with DAP. 2 in Valencia, CA, 3 at King Kia VW Gaithersburg, MD, and one at Pohanka VW Capitol Heights, MD.

There are probably more that don't show up on Cars.com too.

The Atlantic Blue car at Parkway of Valencia has a bunch of pictures and it appears to have conventional instruments. The problem is that the MSRP is not listed at Cars.com but it is on the dealer's web site. The MSRP shown there is $37,880. So, scratch those two cars. So, maybe down to 10.

Thanks - looks like the DAP is available, although very sparingly. Interestingly, I also tried your cars.com search and sorted by price (high to low). The two most expensive (over $40k) turned out to have an MSRP of something in the high 37's (both at the same dealership) so they didn't have the DAP and apparently the dealership was out to screw somebody...

MickM said:
Thanks - looks like the DAP is available, although very sparingly. Interestingly, I also tried your cars.com search and sorted by price (high to low). The two most expensive (over $40k) turned out to have an MSRP of something in the high 37's (both at the same dealership) so they didn't have the DAP and apparently the dealership was out to screw somebody...
Did you look more carefully at the cars in Maryland?

I live in MD and have a 2016 SEL with DAP but it has a lot less features than the 2017/18. I special ordered it in April and it arrived in late May 2016.

Back