EVgo Chargers: "Connection Error"..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like EVgo - one of the few currently offering DC fast charging. BUT my 2015 eGolf is getting a 'connection error' code at most of their newer local fast-chargers (Long Beach, 90815) I had VW do a $1200 ECM replacement, and Nada. (I was also subsequently 'dis-owned' by the dealer, but hey : )

Sorry to hear that. I find EVgo to be very unreliable for n NorCal. Please try Electrify America or Chargepoint DCFCs and see if they work for your car b

Thanks. So yes, it's probably a 'brand specific' thing with EVgo chargers. The new ones are still not communicating with my eGolf. And it's made me afraid to stretch my short leash : )

I’m having issues with public chargers not connecting to my eGolf. Evgo seems to consistently not work on my 2015 model particularly the ones that support 2 cars charging at once. ChargePoint always works but there are fewer and fewer around. Electrify America is hit or miss. Dealer says there is nothing wrong and they say they have no problem getting it to connect. Anyone else having this issue?

I’m having issues with public chargers not connecting to my eGolf. Evgo seems to consistently not work on my 2015 model particularly the ones that support 2 cars charging at once. ChargePoint always works but there are fewer and fewer around. Electrify America is hit or miss. Dealer says there is nothing wrong and they say they have no problem getting it to connect. Anyone else having this issue?
I have read the 2015 e-Golf has some connectivity issues due to car programming. Nothing can be done. VW has no plans to reprogram cars. Sorry.

I have read the 2015 e-Golf has some connectivity issues due to car programming. Nothing can be done. VW has no plans to reprogram cars. Sorry.
Big Mahalo, And why couldn't the dealer have mentioned that? EVgo has been fairly dependable, and one of the few with DC Level 3 chargers (except all the new ones don't want to connect) Otherwise, LOVE this car.

Big Mahalo, And why couldn't the dealer have mentioned that? EVgo has been fairly dependable, and one of the few with DC Level 3 chargers (except all the new ones don't want to connect) Otherwise, LOVE this car.
EVgo can change its software, though. Have you complained to EVgo?

Back