EVSE "Chargers" with delay of start feature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forbin404 said:
Well, two nights later, and two failures to "wake up" and charge.

I am really hoping that somebody develops some sort of service that will send commands to your car at midnight to turn on and start charging. Something that replicates what Carnet is doing. My 3 years is up pretty soon here and I'm not sure what will happen after that. But it certainly isn't working well now.

Looks like I will be manually plugging in at 10 or 11 p.m. every night going forward.
BTW you aren't using a Clipper Creek right?[/quote]

No, I'm using a Siemens Versicharge.

So if I was to purchase a EVSE for the e-Golf now, are there still some issues with certain ones that others have reported on this thread where it doesn't correctly "wake" the e-Golf up to start charging on a delayed start? I see BarryMW posted that the JuiceBox does work correctly with the e-Golf, is it the best option right now?

flyboy320 said:
So if I was to purchase a EVSE for the e-Golf now, are there still some issues with certain ones that others have reported on this thread where it doesn't correctly "wake" the e-Golf up to start charging on a delayed start? I see BarryMW posted that the JuiceBox does work correctly with the e-Golf, is it the best option right now?
Brand new Juicebox with up to date software is the best way.

The eGolf has a wacky way to 'wake' and that's why a lot of the others don't work.

The ChargePoint Home EVSE is also known to be fully compatible with the e-Golf. It has its own timers and energy monitoring and cloud based record keeping functions.

miimura said:
The ChargePoint Home EVSE is also known to be fully compatible with the e-Golf. It has its own timers and energy monitoring and cloud based record keeping functions.

Not trying to hijack, but somewhat related... Do you know if the chargepoint home cloud record keeping is exportable to spreadsheets for data analytics?

See my other thread I started http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1226

thanks,

Back