Is there an app for my 2016 US eGolf?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's this: https://carnet.vw.com with links at the bottom depending on your platform of choice.

Most consider it utter garbage and not worth money - oh btw, did I mention it's a monthly subscription?

Hopefully VW will do better with their ID cars.

As long as the app is free, I don't have a problem with it. I have less than a year left on the three year free subscription and I do use it occasionally to check the car's mileage so I can keep a good record of my car energy costs. There has been the rare occasion I've turned on heating or cooling. To get accurate data on the battery SoC, I go to the associated website. Once the free subscription ends, I do not plan to pay for this information as I don't think it is worth what VW is charging. If only there were an easy way to get a decimal reading on the SoC (other than OBDEleven)!

I hope there is no fee when the ID cars come out, and since the MEB platform cars are mass market cars, owners may expect these features for free. We'll see what happens.

Annoyingly even if I did want this app, I can't because I'm not in the States, I'm in the Caribbean.

Really the only feature I was interested in was checking the charge levels, and maybe climate control given how fricking hot it is here!

Back