Not able to engage Cruise Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whyeGolf

Problem: Pressing SET does not enable cruise control. 2016 e-Golf
Detail: Just left the dealer this morning (inspection) with no prior problems. Started vehicle, drove away and notice after 5+ miles that the Odometer was still on the display (normally odometer only displays briefly at startup). All seemed normal - i.e. phone connected, nav display, heat... Then I decided to select Cruise control by pressing SET. Nothing changed, odometer still remained - and cruise not enabled. Repeated several times without being able to select cruise. Finally after 15 miles, I pulled over, parked then Powered Off, waited, then Powered On the vehicle. Now - all is working again. I've never seen this occur before.

Any ideas or suggestion?

Sorry to state the obvious

My 2015 fits your error description when cruise is disabled using the steering wheel button on left side of steering wheel
Turning on the cruise button replaces the odometer with the cruise symbol.

Barry

Thanks for the obvious.
Since my vehicle must always default to cruise ON (little speedometer grayed out), then I only have been pressing the other 3 buttons (CNL, Set and Res) - and totally forgot about the On button. I won't forget the ON button again - even looked it up in the owners manual.
Obviously - something gave a one time clearance of the cruise on preset. But when I powered off, waited and powered back on (without pressing the Cruise On button in the upper right of the group), cruise was again enabled so I have only been pressed the Set button.
Again thanks - only had the vehicle for 2 months now.

Like in the other thread where the guy noticed he was getting better mileage.

The car will train your thumbs and you will see it work better! :)

Also, don't forget that the "+" and "-" buttons give you 5 mph speed increments too.

95GLX said:
Also, don't forget that the "+" and "-" buttons give you 5 mph speed increments too.

Also I believe SET and RES will give you 1 mph speed increments

Back