SE w/ DCFC lease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirishkr

Hi all,

Many thanks to the posted research on this forum. In case this is useful, here are the terms we just signed for our 2016 SE w/ DCFC:
- 36 month lease
- $1288 out the door, incl 1st month lease
- 7500 miles per year
- $175.07 per month for 35 months

By my math, if I receive $2,500 from CVRP, my monthly average over 36 months is about $137.

That feels like quite a bargain for a terrific car.

Btw. I had a good experience with Sunnyvale VW (Dave) and Niello (Logan). I ended up driving 140 miles to Niello to save a little more, and highly recommend them. I faced a bait-and-switch with VW of Fairfield, wouldn't waste any time with them.

Best wishes. Happy e-Golfing.

Looks like good terms - the offer I got up in Portland Oregon (for an SEL) was ridiculous, and I ended up buying outright - not sure how that's going to work out for me in the long run.

What happens if you exceed 7,500 miles per year though? And do they actually just look to see if you exceed 22,500 over the three year lease? I'm over 8,000 miles after 11 months and don't feel I drive it excessively (we use the subaru for road trips and winter conditions).

Does your lease require you to pay them $500 simply to return the car at the end of the 3 years? That seemed outrageous.

Does it also include the mandatory arbitration and waiver of class action lawsuit rights? I realize these are getting to be more commonplace corporate abuses in our lives, but it makes my skin crawl. These provisions should be illegal under consumer protection laws.

Anyway, enjoy the eGolf - I love mine!

Jaysher said:
Looks like good terms - the offer I got up in Portland Oregon (for an SEL) was ridiculous, and I ended up buying outright - not sure how that's going to work out for me in the long run.

What happens if you exceed 7,500 miles per year though? And do they actually just look to see if you exceed 22,500 over the three year lease? I'm over 8,000 miles after 11 months and don't feel I drive it excessively (we use the subaru for road trips and winter conditions).

Does your lease require you to pay them $500 simply to return the car at the end of the 3 years? That seemed outrageous.

Does it also include the mandatory arbitration and waiver of class action lawsuit rights? I realize these are getting to be more commonplace corporate abuses in our lives, but it makes my skin crawl. These provisions should be illegal under consumer protection laws.

Anyway, enjoy the eGolf - I love mine!

Thanks. We have 3 cars, and even with using this car as much as we can we are unlikely to exceed the mileage limit given our commute and the car's limited range for weekend trips. One option is to call VW and "prepay" for additional miles - my understanding is it would cost you 15c a mile rather than the 20c a mile levied at lease end.

I am fairly certain they will inspect the mileage at lease end, seems an easy way to get some $$$.

I didn't check my disposition fee -- was rushed last night. Will take a look tonight.

He was asking if they check yearly or total mileage at the end of the lease. They will check total mileage at the end of the lease. If you do 8K this year, 10K next year, and then park it after driving 4K the last year you'll be fine.

sirishkr said:
Hi all,

Many thanks to the posted research on this forum. In case this is useful, here are the terms we just signed for our 2016 SE w/ DCFC:
- 36 month lease
- $1288 out the door, incl 1st month lease
- 7500 miles per year
- $175.07 per month for 35 months

By my math, if I receive $2,500 from CVRP, my monthly average over 36 months is about $137.

That feels like quite a bargain for a terrific car.

Btw. I had a good experience with Sunnyvale VW (Dave) and Niello (Logan). I ended up driving 140 miles to Niello to save a little more, and highly recommend them. I faced a bait-and-switch with VW of Fairfield, wouldn't waste any time with them.

Best wishes. Happy e-Golfing.

What do you think about
- $4000 Drive off
- 7500 Miles per year
-100 per month for 30 months ?

Drive off is very high. If you total the car on the way home you'll lose that money. Try to get the drive off lower, preferably zero but if not at least at or below $2500 which is the standard CVRP rebate.

Jaysher said:

Old post but I'll answer them since they are pertinent questions:

If you exceed the the mileage allotment, yes you have to pay the overmileage fee. 7500 miles/year doesn't seem like a lot but my 17 month old eGolf only just clicked over 10k miles.

$500 disposition fee is high but not outrageously high either; Nissan's is $395. I'm not sure with VW, but with Nissan this is often waived if you buy/lease another new Nissan when you turn in the car.

Back