Siemens VersiCharge or Delay Charging Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having charging issues with my Siemens VersiCharge 30 amp charger. One of the reasons I bought it is because there's a delay function so you could set the car to charge in 2, 4, 6...hours later presumably when electrical rates are lower. Whenever I've tried the delay function it's never worked.

When I spoke to the Siemens tech today and told him the delay function has never worked he immediately asked if I had an eGolf. Apparently there is a KNOWN ISSUE VW IS AWARE OF with delay charging the eGolf. Even if you're plugged in and ready to charge, after a while (I don't remember if he said one or two hours of being off) the eGolf simply goes to sleep and won't accept a charge once the charger timer power kicks in.

Has anyone experienced this problem with delay charging issues as well?

eGolfeGirl said:
Has anyone experienced this problem with delay charging issues as well?
Yes, just about everyone, with few exceptions... the JuiceBox 30 works, and a few others. The HSC 40 ClipperCreek does not. I'd try doing a search here with a few key words and see what comes up, or dig around in the Car-Net forum here to see what you find.

This is a very well known issue on this forum. One of the few charging stations that does have a timer that works with the e-Golf is the newly released ChargePoint Home.

If you can get the CarNet departure time set up properly, it will work with the Siemens unit as long as you don't use the Siemens timer.

Back