2015 eGOLF charging question/issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asifp

Hello All i am planning to buy a used 2015 eGolf the issue mentioned in listing is that " the ignition has to be on in order for the charger to work. We are not sure if it’s the charger or the car charging system. is that a known issue for eGolf and if its a problem then what is the fix, Any help in this regard will be appreciated Thanks

from ashburn va? i think i bought that car. VW said they should change the JX1 module for $3k.

needless to say i'm still just charging it with the ign ON. I'm really enjoying the car though.

Hello All i am planning to buy a used 2015 eGolf the issue mentioned in listing is that " the ignition has to be on in order for the charger to work. We are not sure if it’s the charger or the car charging system. is that a known issue for eGolf and if its a problem then what is the fix, Any help in this regard will be appreciated Thanks
I would stay away. There are plenty of correctly working e-Golfs. FYI to keep the "ignition" on, you need to keep the key in the car.

I would be very cautious of using this workaround, there’s a Reddit user who had the same issue and eventually the car caught on fire while charging with the ignition on.

Ignition does not (and probably SHOULD not) be on to charge the car.

Back