Trying an experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my e-Golf since March, and have over 13k miles on the odometer already. I'm ready to try something new.

Recently, I put a small section of Post-It note over the Guess-O-Meter on the MFI so I have to rely on the fuel tank analogue gauge for the amount of charge left. I really wish there was a way I could set the MFI to display something more useful like the current trip's average miles/kWh, but that's a topic for another thread.

So far, I really like it. It's close to the feeling of having a really small fuel tank in an ICE car, and the range anxiety is pretty much non-existant (not that I had much left after 8 months anyway). It's something I wanted to share and see if anyone else is interested in trying it with me.

I've learned to just ignore the dash in my Leaf, and drive normally. When I first get in the car, I check it to make sure I have enough charge, but I've long ago learned that I almost never come close to depleting my battery. And those times I do have always been predictable.

I agree that the GOM only adds to anxiety. I'm glad you've found a way to eliminate that!

Back