VW eGolf Lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

I have a quote from a dealer in the Bay area and I'm trying to figure out whether it's a good deal or not.

2016 eGolf SE + dc fast charging package

```
MSRP: $31,625
Selling Price: $28,300
Adjusted CapCost: $22,252.54
MF: 0.00080
RV: $12,966.25

36 months
10K per year
$0 due at signing
$287 plus tax
```

What do you think? Should I go for it?

I think you can do better. But that 7.2 kwh charger pack and DC quick charge feature, for me at least, is a must have option. Only you can determine if it's worth it to you. Visit a whole bunch of dealerships today, it's month end, great deals can be had, go to the dealership that has what you want on the lot. Maybe down to Silicon Valley dealerships, see what they have on the lot online.

Get prices and numbers today, you don't have to buy today, but they will be competing price wise if you tell them you want to do the deal by next Friday. Don't let them rush you or high pressure you into something, time is on your side. Let them earn your business.

I am a bit of a leasing noob.

What should I be aiming at in negotiating for this vehicle? Lower adj cap price? What would you consider to be a successful offer there?

Does the money factor look good?

wintermute said:
I am a bit of a leasing noob.

What should I be aiming at in negotiating for this vehicle? Lower adj cap price? What would you consider to be a successful offer there?

Does the money factor look good?

I've no idea, bizzle would know. Do a search on ALL of his Lease posts for some comparatives on pricing. Do a search on more leasing threads here. Keep in mind you have a $1600 add on option also over the other lease comparisons.

When leasing, you can negotiate 3 things:

- Cap reduced price. When I got a quote back in October on a 2016 SEL, that was 8% off MSRP. The 2015s were going at about 12% off around that time. You're at 10.5%, so that's not bad. Of course, it never hurts to ask. Especially at the end of the month.

- Money factor. This is determined by your credit rating and policy of the financing company, so obviously there's not much wiggle room here. An average money factor is 0.00125 (3% interest rate). You're paying below a 2% interest rate and that's about as low as you can get on a lease.

- "Freebies". These things like the wear n' tear package or cargo net. This gets tricky as the dealers will offer to add them "for free", but then inflate the other numbers to make up for it. My personal feeling on this is keep ears open, but don't get talked in to paying for things you don't want or need.

Zero down with $287/mo comes out to total of $10k. Someone else recently posted that same total on an SE without the fast charger. Sunnyvale had a special posted that was a bit better, but still higher than yours.

All in all I'd say it's a fair deal. Not as good as we saw least year though with the dealer rebates, but I doubt you'll be seeing blockbuster deals on the 2016s until the 2017s are out.

Oh, and if you don't care about CarPlay, Santa Cruz has 3 2015 LEs on the lot that I'm sure they'd be happy to part with:

http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=786

10k OTD with fast charging? I think that's a nice deal compared to what's coming out right now on other SE's.

Is it the best deal? No, but it's an ok deal.

Looks like there's now a $1000 VW Bonus until April 4th:

http://www.stevenscreekvw.com/current-incentives

That dealer is at $7914 but that's not including tax, title, license, registration, and finance fees, which I'd estimate add up to $2k.

Back