Anyone have this Carnet App issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvolta

I have an SE 2016 e golf.

It seems to me the only functioning part of the app is the lock and unlock.

When I try to refresh the status of my egolf its spins for 5 seconds, gives me the green light that its updated......but nothing updates. Carnet seems to update the status of the car only after I finish driving and park in front of my house. But remotely updating it... impossible.. which sucks because I'd love to able to see the charge status of the car.

Thank you egolf community

mvolta said:

When I try to refresh the status of my egolf its spins for 5 seconds, gives me the green light that its updated......but nothing updates. Carnet seems to update the status of the car only after I finish driving and park in front of my house. But remotely updating it... impossible.. which sucks because I'd love to able to see the charge status of the car.

The egolf uses Verizon (Per JoulesThief), maybe your car is parked in a bad Verizon zone?

Go here
http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Verizon/lte_310verizon#|coverage
And see if your location has good Verizon 4g coverage.

mvolta said:

My 2015 had similar issues when it was new. I called CarNet and VW. I could only get the EV functions (like range display and plug-in status) to update by forcing an update with the Doors & Windows function. I was not able to set the Departure Schedule for delayed charging at all. Finally I got someone at CarNet who knew something and they told me to take it in and to have the dealer technician call their technical department. Somehow they reset the "CarNet Router" and it was working correctly. Some people have been able to accomplish the same thing by disconnecting the 12V battery under the hood. Do this at your own risk.

I recommend you take it in to have the dealer service department handle it. Good Luck.

So probably should have taken it to the dealer, but pretty much i did the 12 V disconnect and the carnet green light near the "i" button is off. called carnet and they said to take it to the dealer . :oops:

Update: 2 hours later it reactivated itself. no need to go to dealer. Great success:)

mvolta said:
So probably should have taken it to the dealer, but pretty much i did the 12 V disconnect and the carnet green light near the "i" button is off. called carnet and they said to take it to the dealer . :oops:

Update: 2 hours later it reactivated itself. no need to go to dealer. Great success:)
So everything is working, not just the green light?

Everything is working. In fact I feel like the car software updated.... there are some subtle changes in the interface of the car menu that i noticed. But after i reconnected the 12V the car had all these errors and after driving the car around for 2 min the errors went away but the green light was off. 2 hours later i get back into the car the green light is on and everything is working :D

Back