Warranty and Maintenance question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLS

I have been looking through the books that came with the e-Golf and there is a "USA Warranty and Maintenance" book. One thing in the book is the Service schedule. The first page of it has a "Delivery Inspection" section that is supposed to have a date and the dealer's stamp. It's blank of course. Should I visit the dealer at my earliest convenience to have them fill this out? Or am I being anal...?

Also, I declined the 5-year maintenance contract at $529. I thought I might be getting ripped off. Have other buyers done likewise?

I ignored it also. Not any maintenance they can do on sealed batteries, or the motor, or the gearbox. Does it mention anywhere when the coolant or gearbox oil needs to be changed out in the service/warraty manual?

Its confusing to me the car tells me a different time that maintenance is required from the manuals.

I just want to be within the terms of parameters of the warranty and lease requirements.

FlyPenFly said:
Its confusing to me the car tells me a different time that maintenance is required from the manuals.

I just want to be within the terms of parameters of the warranty and lease requirements.

Hand the dealership $200 every 10,000 miles is what they'd like you to do. For that, they might rotate your tires, add some air if necessary, add some water to your windshield washer reservoir, supposedly look at a bunch of stuff that should be just fine, calling it an "inspection".

I must be retarded, I don't see the value added, not with the way I drive and use my e-Golf, I don't put a lot of wear and tear on any of my cars in 10,000 miles. I drive like an old man, I am one.

To me it appears they are spending the 20k and 30k updating the software....and making the owner pay for it

/suck

Here you go:
IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

Wow, thanks for uploading that! They don't have to do much. $509 for 3 years of maintenance and $529 for 5 years? Most of it is just looking under the hood and making sure there are no leaks or frayed wires!

I feel like $550 for GAP insurance might be a rip-off too after I see this. Maybe I should cancel and get the "Total loss protection" from my insurance company which covers vehicle value +20% if you get totaled for only $30 a yr.

If you're buying the car then it's going to be less expensive to purchase GAP insurance from your carrier instead of the dealer. If you're leasing I don't think you have the option.

My eGolf lease, and the lease for the Leaf before that, both came with gap insurance at no extra charge.

MLS: read the fine print on the gap insurance. You may be able to cancel it within a certain time frame, just like the extended warranty and the maintenance warranty. But it depends which state you are in as well.

Back