$400 check from VW for car-net charge scheduling issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a $400 check from VW for making a stink about the charge-scheduling bug snafu.

Anyone else get one?

Anyone get a larger check? :)

-JM

Wow, that's surprising. How did you complain about this? Since it's an ongoing problem that affects every customer, it seems we should all receive the same thing. (If only it were a fair world!)

I totally agree- VW should send a check to everyone- or, at least everyone who's tried and failed to schedule charging.

I originally complained just by pushing the Car-Net button in the car and talking to a rep. The rep was very friendly, but had no idea about the issue or workarounds or anything. I just followed the usual "how to deal with clueless tech support" protocol, which was to push to talk to a manager, get a ticket/case number, ask for updates, etc. I think I had about 3 separate calls on the topic.

They've been very friendly and responsive, telling me that the case got bumped to "executive support" (or something like that). They've called me almost weekly with updates, which means that they've called weekly to say that they still don't have a solution... One of their update calls was to say that they were going to issue a check; I wasn't holding my breath, but then a $400 check showed up! I'll take it :)

Still makes no sense to me as to why they can't fix the problem. But, (and maybe I'm cheap) $400 does buy a lot of my patience!

-JM

Huh. It took a week of talking to them on the 'i' button and email to even get the Car-Net app to realize I was in an E-Golf and not a Passat and they never offered me a check. :cry:

$200 here. Called to get help, that delayed charging not working, costing me $$ due to 3x electricity rate. Was escalated by CarNet. Received call back by VW and offered $200.

Back