All of the sudden my 2016 SE will only charge around half

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikevee

Hello All,

I have a 2016 e-Golf SE with about 2,000 miles. I use a level II charger in my apartment building every 2 days, overnight and I always wake up with about 110 range and a full charged battery. The last 4 or 5 days in a row when I wake up the battery is only around half-way with range showing as little as 46 miles. Any less and my work drive would be seriously risky or impossible!! This is VERY frustrating. What the heck is going on!?!?!? I reset all factory settings and it didn't help today.

Help!

On my 2015 e-Golf, there are two small buttons next to the charging receptacle. One means charge now at full amperage, and the other means use delayed charging programmed by the app.

If you set a charge level in the app of 50%, that could be explaining, or you could hit the button to start charging immediately. Hope that helps.

Is there a possibility that the power to the L2 EVSE is being cut during the middle of the night? For example, could it be hooked up to a timer?

If you have a standard 120 volt outlet available to you, I'd try using the OEM L1 EVSE to see if the problem is still occurring. That's assuming that you have enough time before work to let it fully charge on 120 volts.

Back