East Coast 2016's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preilly44

Has anybody on the East Coast seen a 2016 at a dealer yet? I'm anxiously waiting to see one and I have a trip from DC to NY this weekend. If a dealer on the way has one I'd like to stop.

Thanks!

Patrick

Looking at Cars dot com, it looks like King Kia VW in Gaithersburg, MD is the only one with 2016's. It says they have two SE's and three SEL's.

Yeah I went and saw the 2016s at King VW in Gaithersburg. The Android Auto feature is nice. But it's more like screen mirroring than anything 'groundbreaking'

AFAIK they're the only ones with 2016s in the area. I've been talking to some dealers in the DC area and they're trying to unload their 2015s because they wont get 2016s until they're gone. King sold all of their 2015s in July in a push.

King has a mixed reputation on yelp, but they really move cars.

Picked up a 2016 SE at Russel VW in Ellicot City, MD on Saturday, 10/31. They had an SEL as well, but it was spoken for.

Would you Maryland buyers mind posting the details of your deals. Maryland shopper here. TIA!

I'm thinking the SEL you saw at Russel on Saturday was the one I picked up at Antwerpen on Monday. It came from Russel originally.

morologous said:
I'm thinking the SEL you saw at Russel on Saturday was the one I picked up at Antwerpen on Monday. It came from Russel originally.

It's still rare to spot one of these "In the Wild", everyone ends up knowing everyone else, currently.

lasan said:
Would you Maryland buyers mind posting the details of your deals. Maryland shopper here. TIA!

I got mine for what VW had posted on their site at the time: $2349 down, $199/mo for 3 year lease on an SE. That was before trade and the $2000 Loyalty cash VW was handing out in October. MD State tax credit has been submitted as well, but still pending.

Pickings around here are slim. Even though there are 9 states listed, it seems like most of them go to Cali. I highly doubt you'll find dealers with 5 or more sitting on their lots like pics I've seen posted from others. All 2015's seem to be long gone. Most dealers seem to get in 1 or 2 and they go quick. Then it's a long time before any more show up.

Back