Just Joined the Club!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMC2015

Hey All,

We picked up our 2015 Premium Black/Tan e-Golf yesterday! (Got our first stranger conversation about the car within the first 2 hours!)

I've been lurking on these forums for the last few months while my wife and I considered if it was the right time to get an electric car. We looked at the Leaf, Focus, e-Golf, and Tesla. After considering cost of ownership and maintenance, the Tesla fell out of the running - we just don't drive far enough or often enough to justify that cost - but the other three all made good financial and environmental sense to us. The e-Golf really wowed us though on fit and finish/driving feel and the posts here added to our comfort that it was the right choice.

The prices really pushed us over the edge. Seeing at Capitol VW in San Jose they were selling for $30,974 without any haggling, and then talking with a few other dealers getting the price down to $30,000 for a cash purchase really made my day. In case anyone else is on the fence or looking for an easy deal in the Bay Area, here's the contact info and deals available from the people I talked to:

Stevens Creek VW - $29,900 + dealer fees + tax/title/license - Frank Spagnola - [email protected]

Niello VW - $30,000 + tax/title/license - Michael Havard - [email protected] - They'll deliver the car into the Bay Area - cheaper than above out the door

Folsom Lake VW - $279/month $2490 down 36 month/12,000 miles/year $12k residual - Sam Zulic - [email protected]

Thanks again for all the contributions to this forum and helping us make our decision. I look forward to contributing as an owner going forward!

Back