L2 ChargePoint - yellow light at the start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfsok

Just plugged the car first time into L2 ChargePoint machine. At the very beginning the light was yellow, then after several minutes became green. Is that normal ?

Was the green light pulsating? If it is solid green, that signifies a full charge. Pulsating means charging is actually happening.

Yellow means it is on stand-by, waiting for either a scheduled charging event (the yellow clock icon will be lit up), or actual current from the charging equipment. Perhaps the ChargePoint machine was just taking its sweet time to authenticate your information & start charging.

I have our e-Golf normally set for delayed charge so I can take advantage of our low Off-Peak electric rates. When I plugged into a public station once, I forgot to hit the upper button next to the charge port to put the car into "charge immediately" mode. I had already walked about 200 yards away when I realized I should check to see if it was charging.

Back