Location of charging port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, you can just back into the spot. I know there are many people with issues driving backwards.

Most of the places I charge at, unless its just a quick in and out, I usually back into the spot. Puts the charge port right at the front. Depending on where the spot is in relation to the EVSE, it may be easier to put it on the side.

it would have been cool to have the little round vw logo on the grill flip up and have the charge port pop out, kinda like the back up camera.

sweetwagon said:
it would have been cool to have the little round vw logo on the grill flip up and have the charge port pop out, kinda like the back up camera.

That's where the Golf GTE (EU Hybrid) puts its charge port since the fuel port is used for gasoline. The electric port is under the nose badge.

Image taken from InsideEVs.com

DB2014_AU01014_resize.jpg

s4alex said:
Well, thats nifty. Is it only a standard port or also a CCS combo?
It is AC input only, Type-2 connector, 16A on-board charger for 3.6kW max power input. Remember, this is only a plug-in hybrid. The battery is so small that a fast charger is pointless.

Back