Maine e-Golf Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Egolfinme

I am wondering if there are any folks in the Maine area that have bought the e-Golf. I have a Volt but really want to go all electric. I know the range of the Volt decreases for me by at least 25% in the winter. I suspect all EVs are about the same. So if the e-Golf rates at 84 miles and 25% is 21 miles I am now down to 63 miles. Keep in mind I am driving normally. No hypermiling. So my radius is about 30 miles. Hmmmm. As my primary car. Makes me wonder. Maybe I'll have to wait for Tesla's 200 mile offering or the Bolt.

I'm not in ME, I'm in MA but I've noticed the range estimate is usually in the high 60s in the cold days on a full charge.
Having said that, once I'm underway, the combination of miles travelled and estimated range remaining usually adds up to around 71 or 72 miles.

The sales guy told me that it comes with free towing home if you're within 100 miles of home, so you could always use the full range as the outward journey and get towed home ;)

I'm hoping that by the time my three year lease is up, the Tesla Model 3 is out and affordable, but for now I can get by on the eGolf range.

Back