Miles Remaining Not Matching Charge Level

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark11aa

Hi Folks:

I am having a weird problem. I charged all night on a standard charge. The miles remaining reports I have 35 miles but the car is showing as fully charged. I drove all the way down to 5 miles and the car did not go into conservation mode so I believe the car is fully charged. Turned the car off and on but the miles remaining stays the same. Anyone have this experience?

Thanks!

mark11aa said:
Hi Folks:

I am having a weird problem. I charged all night on a standard charge. The miles remaining reports I have 35 miles but the car is showing as fully charged. I drove all the way down to 5 miles and the car did not go into conservation mode so I believe the car is fully charged. Turned the car off and on but the miles remaining stays the same. Anyone have this experience?

Thanks!
Welcome to the "Guess-O-Meter". That is a common pejorative for the car's guess at the distance you might be able to drive. While your report does seem odd, in the e-Golf there is a proper battery meter inset under the speedometer. That is the actual indication of whether the car is fully charged or not.

Capacity_Calc_Dash_2016_06_19r.jpg

The battery level shown is about 3.7/16ths which is about 23%.

The "guess-o-meter" projects how many miles left based on your recent driving patterns. So, if you were recently driving up a mountain at 80 miles an hour, your projected mileage on your vehicle would be very low (although 35 miles is quite low).

I live on the top of a hill in Oakland, CA. It is only about 2 miles to the top, but I am afraid to go up without recharging unless my guess-o-meter shows at least 10 miles left. When I recharge at night, the forecasted mileage range on the car can be anywhere from about 53 to 75 based on how I was driving that day.

Back