New car..new wall mount charger...can't charge!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomasm

I have my new 2017 EGolf now for 1 week and I have not been able to get my new L2 Flo X5 wall charger to work consistently. On one occasion it worked, but since then each time I connect to the vehicle port it will no lock down and begin the charging process.When I try with the 110v kit that came with the car, It locks down as soon as I press the charge button..as it's supposed to do. The after sales service at FLO sucks...not able to get a hold of anyone until now.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Tom

Can you unplug it from the wall socket? (Or reset the breaker?)
My charger (A Leviton) locked up like that a couple times and I reset it by unplugging it.

Thomasm said:
I have my new 2017 EGolf now for 1 week and I have not been able to get my new L2 Flo X5 wall charger to work consistently. On one occasion it worked, but since then each time I connect to the vehicle port it will no lock down and begin the charging process.When I try with the 110v kit that came with the car, It locks down as soon as I press the charge button..as it's supposed to do. The after sales service at FLO sucks...not able to get a hold of anyone until now.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Tom

Do you have it set for recharge before time of departure? Push the "Plug" icon button on the left side of the charge port, not the "clock" icon, and then plug in. Alternately, plug in the EVSE handle and then push the "Plug" icon button, and then see if the green light comes on and starts oscillating bright and dim, over a 3 second period.

Question: Does the level 2 charger vehicle plug (J1772) fully seat and latch?

Comment: I notice that at some places, the charger plug will not fully seat and then the charge function will not start (light switch to green). If the vehicle latching pin does not extend out to lock the plug in place, then it will prevent charging. One place I visited (local college) had 4 separate chargers: 2 failed to fully seat, 1 required that I hold it firm to get it to seat and the last one worked just fine. Looking inside the problem plug sockets (on the handheld pistol type connector) - noticed material raised 2 or 3 millimeters, sealant that was blocking/preventing the plug from fully seating. My level 2 at home always latches firmly and starts charging.

Back