Official 2016 VW eGolf maintenance schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cctop

There have been a couple of threads regarding the maintenance schedule for the 2016 eGolf because the dealers, the printed manual, and the head unit in the car all say different things.

I asked my dealer for a printout of what VW tells the service technicians.

Attached is the official service schedule for 2016 VW eGolfs in the USA.

Basically, service is recommended every 10k miles but there's little to do at the first 10k service. My service tech recommended I bring it in anyway to get the tires rotated and to reset the service interval.

The head unit on my new car reports I don't need the first service until 20k miles. The service tech himself was curious to see what it will say when he resets it at 10k miles.

fDRaNlm.png

YSs872G.png

2xX5sbl.png

So the '10k' service is Check Brakes? haha

That's normal for any service and according to AAA , it's free.

So, is anybody already had 20K service? What's the real price? Any alternatives so far?

I have 19.8K miles on my 2015 e-Golf and shure don't want to pay $400 for this service. I can rotate tires, check brakes and stuff myself. Only thing I think to do is high Voltage batery and refuse all the rest.

Hello bay area egolf owners,
Is there any good dealer to recommend for 10k service? I contacted two dealership today in south bay
(1) dealer 1: about $170 including electrical check. When I asked why electrical check is included, they insisted it's required every 10k.
(2) dealer 2: about $80 including electrical check. $30 for tire rotation and visual inspection.
I guess for some dealers, they just wanted to up-sell. I understand it's normally free to do tire rotation and brake pad inspection elsewhere, but would still go with the dealer to make it easier to deal with the warranty. What is your experience in this area? Thank you very much!

Update:
I called a third dealer. They would charge about $40 which doesn't include electrical check of course. I may go with this one since they are more honest than others.

ohliumliu said:
Is there any good dealer to recommend for 10k service? I contacted two dealership today in south bay
(1) dealer 1: about $170 including electrical check. When I asked why electrical check is included, they insisted it's required every 10k.
(2) dealer 2: about $80 including electrical check. $30 for tire rotation and visual inspection.
I guess for some dealers, they just wanted to up-sell. I understand it's normally free to do tire rotation and brake pad inspection elsewhere, but would still go with the dealer to make it easier to deal with the warranty. What is your experience in this area? Thank you very much!

Update:
I called a third dealer. They would charge about $40 which doesn't include electrical check of course. I may go with this one since they are more honest than others.
There is no 10k check required for the eGolf, it's supposed to either be free or not needed.

forbin404 said:
ohliumliu said:

Update:
There is no 10k check required for the eGolf, it's supposed to either be free or not needed.
They told me it's free for 2015 model or 2016 model with VW care or something. I didn't pay for the maintenance package, so I assume VW care is not applicable for me. I hope I am wrong. Do you mind share where you got this information. Thank you very much!

If you go on CarNet and look at next schedule maintenance, it says 20k.

I BELIEVE the manual says this as well.

The 10k is on all the dealer's literature, but I haven't seen the requirement on the EGolf.

ohliumliu said:

Update:

Pray tell where these dealers are?

My 2016 SE is reaching 10K soon. I'm wondering if I should bother with it, since CarNet says it's not due till 20K either.

Missing a 10K service appointment doesn't void your warranty, does it?

After more than 20 min wait on hold, I finally talked to a person from VW America. She said 10k service is needed. Although I really love the egolf, the maintenance information is so confusing.

So... ok, 10K it is. Only thing is, where should I get it done? My usual go-to is VW Serramonte, but that's a convenience thing. Are there places around the Bay that you guys swear by?

ohliumliu said:
After more than 20 min wait on hold, I finally talked to a person from VW America. She said 10k service is needed. Although I really love the egolf, the maintenance information is so confusing.
Needed for what?

bizzle said:
ohliumliu said:
Needed for what?
For what would be free elsewhere, such as tire rotation, check brake pad, ...

The 10k mile maintenance is everything you can do for free.

Tire Rotation /Air pressure check - Discount Tire does it for free. You do not need to purchase tires there or purchase a road hazard contract.
Brake pad check - Many places including VW dealer will do it for free. Otherwise, some dealers will send a mailer for a free brake inspection.
Fluid check - Just unlatch the hood and check all the fluid levels yourself.

Other then that, I would do a visual check on the usual: tires, check your brake/signal/headlights, etc.

Back