Public chargers and their apps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone
New e golf owner and was out today learning about the public chargers. I've been using the charge point app to find chargers in the Boston area.

Its great until you get there and find its in a private lot of some sort with a auto lift gate and that happens to be the only charger in the area. I ran into two of those circling around and found a parking lot for $10 that has a charger inside.

Is this a common thing to expect or are there more chargers out there with different apps?

Plugshare is the most authoritative source to find public charging stations in the United States. You can even see user feedback, which is useful to find out if the station is operable.

That sucks man. I know some states have laws that prevent businesses from restriction access to the chargers. Hopefully more states follow suit.

Use plugshare for sure to discover your area to see what kind of stations you have.

After that get those accounts and apps set up so when you in need you don't need to worry that you don't have account or anything like that.
There's just few of them anyway, for now.

Back