Siemens VC30GRYU Versicharge install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have my Car-Net set for 5am departure as well and it seems to work well with this EVSE. It works without having to refresh the app to kickstart it or anything. Still haven't been able to get the charger's delay button to work. Easier to just leave it on 5am departure everyday.

My Siemens VC30GRYU also fails to charge my 2016 e-golf when using the charger's delay. My carnet trial is coming to an end, and want a solution so I can charge when my utility rates are low (11 pm - 7 am... they are 1/3 of the peak rate). I called VW and opened a case with them. Has anyone worked out how to make it work yet?

joel

tornatore said:
My Siemens VC30GRYU also fails to charge my 2016 e-golf when using the charger's delay. My carnet trial is coming to an end, and want a solution so I can charge when my utility rates are low (11 pm - 7 am... they are 1/3 of the peak rate). I called VW and opened a case with them. Has anyone worked out how to make it work yet?

joel

You have a 2015 right? On my 2016 I set the OffPeak times to 11pm-7am and set the departure to 7am and that appears to make it work.
No delayed charging needed.

tornatore said:

joel
If you have a 2015 the charging parts of CarNet will work for 3 years even if you don't pay anything. If you have a 2016, you can set the schedule from the infotainment screen, so the CarNet subscription doesn't matter.

You have to figure out the right settings to make the charge timers work on the car. Leave the Siemens set to charge immediately.
I don't have the Siemens EVSE, but these are the settings I use.

- Minimum Charge Level: 20%
- Maximum Charge Level: 100%
- Maximum Charge Current: Maximum
- Off-Peak Power: OFF
- Departure Time: 6:00am

Back