Wiper blades keep skipping on my new e-Golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smariner

My e-Golf is ~3 weeks old, and the windshield is pretty clean. Turned on the wipers when it rained here today, and the wipers are skipping to the point that it's pretty annoying. Anyone else run into this issue?

I went to dealer for this and another issue. They will most likely replace as manufacturing defect since it is a brand new car.

smariner said:
My e-Golf is ~3 weeks old, and the windshield is pretty clean. Turned on the wipers when it rained here today, and the wipers are skipping to the point that it's pretty annoying. Anyone else run into this issue?

What is the month and year that your EGolf was assembled? Just because you bought it 3 weeks ago doesn’t say how long the car may have been sitting at port or the dealer lot under the sun.

2016golfse said:
smariner said:

What is the month and year that your EGolf was assembled? Just because you bought it 3 weeks ago doesn’t say how long the car may have been sitting at port or the dealer lot under the sun.

I would've tried claybarring the windshield to remove any imbedded gunk off the glass.

I had the same problem and posted my solution here:

https://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2472

Good luck!

Back