How's this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer is quoting me $186/month for 36 months (7500 miles/year, before tax) with $0 down and $0 drive-off. I can't get any more numbers out of them other than residual (39%) and MF (.00065).

That seems to work out for a total lease cost of $6696 (again, before tax). Seems great, but should I be concerned that they won't quote me sales price or incentives? I've gone back and forth with them a half dozen times and they refuse to show me the math unless I come in - and of course are promising an even better deal if I do.

This is for a base SE model.

Easy math - take all the fees (including taxes) total it up, and divide by lease duration. You want under $200/month. Mine worked out to $192.46. Full breakdown here if you'd like to use it as a reference point:

http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=893&start=11

Note mine was only a 24 month, but it was an exceptional deal I don't think we'll see again until end of year.

There are currently no incentives that I know of, so the prices can only get better in September. If they can't get the numbers you want and/or you're not in a rush, wait.

Ended up being $203/month after taxes, and they waived the first month's payment, with $0 out the door. I feel pretty happy with the deal - especially if the California CVRP funding comes back.

Even though it's out of money, make sure you apply for that rebate ASAP as if it still has money. If/when it's replenished, applications will be funded in the order in which they were received, and if you delay too long the money could run out again before they get to you.

Dokterrock said:
I will, thanks! As soon as my registration and plates come in the mail. :D

You can apply for the rebate right now, with just the car's VIN: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligible-vehicles

For the carpool lane stickers it's different; those require a license plate be entered into the application. The exception is if the dealer, at its discretion, applies for stickers for unsold cars in its inventory.

Aha, gotcha. Well then, as soon as I can get to work on Monday and scan everything. I appreciate the clarification.

I was offered 155+Taxes with 1400 down, 12k/yr. Comes out to under $200/month on average. Sounds about $20 too high than I want to pay.

Adjust it to 7500 per year instead of 12K. IIRC, it was about $10/month for every 2kish miles per year. That said, aside from having to put $1400 down that sounds like a nice deal on par with what we were getting last year.

bizzle said:
Adjust it to 7500 per year instead of 12K. IIRC, it was about $10/month for every 2kish miles per year. That said, aside from having to put $1400 down that sounds like a nice deal on par with what we were getting last year.

I know, but I need 12k/yr. :) I just want a lower payment. :)

bizzle said:
IIRC, it was about $10/month for every 2kish miles per year.

Specifically, I've been quoted $13/month to go from 7500 to 10k miles/year and another $10/month to go from 10k to 12k at multiple dealers. This is for the SE, but I would guess the SEL would be the same or just slightly more.

On a lark, I called a different shop and looks like I'm making this deal tomorrow. $182/month+tax for 12K, zero down (sign and drive), DC Fast Charge, and cash to for my disposition fee to return a competitive brand. Too good to be true, but I'll post details if it happens.

That's equal or better than the deal I got last year.

We have 10K miles per year with added wear and tear protection for 196+tax and although we got the $2500 dollar incentive from California we didn't get the DCFC.

Sphinx said:
On a lark, I called a different shop and looks like I'm making this deal tomorrow. $182/month+tax for 12K, zero down (sign and drive), DC Fast Charge, and cash to for my disposition fee to return a competitive brand. Too good to be true, but I'll post details if it happens.

That is a great deal, indeed. Would definitely be interested to know which dealership.

Sphinx said:
bizzle said:

I know, but I need 12k/yr. :) I just want a lower payment. :)
Don't forget to factor that 12k vs 7.5k will result in a $57 month payment just for mileage.

Sphinx said:

That does sound too good to be true. I wonder if this is bait and switch. That 12,000 miles a year is going to add to the cost of the lease. I think that's a lot of miles on an electric car with such a small battery, personally.

JoulesThief said:
That 12,000 miles a year is going to add to the cost of the lease. I think that's a lot of miles on an electric car with such a small battery, personally.

Not true. I have a '15 Leaf that I got with 15k/year (on track for 29K at lease return in two weeks). Haven't lost a single bar and still gives me a start up range of up to 116, almost always over 100. The biggest thing with range is that you need to get those batteries all the way down on a regular basis, which I do, though not on purpose. The more range anxiety I give myself, the more it charges all the way back to a higher number.

Sphinx said:
JoulesThief said:
That 12,000 miles a year is going to add to the cost of the lease. I think that's a lot of miles on an electric car with such a small battery, personally.

Not true. I have a '15 Leaf that I got with 15k/year (on track for 29K at lease return in two weeks). Haven't lost a single bar and still gives me a start up range of up to 116, almost always over 100. The biggest thing with range is that you need to get those batteries all the way down on a regular basis, which I do, though not on purpose. The more range anxiety I give myself, the more it charges all the way back to a higher number.
Whatever makes you feel good.... What you're doing is not the best for the battery, it's best for the displayed guess on the instrument panel. The more efficiently you drive, the larger the number will be. So, if you stretch to get more miles out of the battery on one day, it will display more miles the next day. However, fully draining the battery will shorten its life and its actual energy storage capacity. Whether you notice the degradation or if it even matters to you is another story.

miimura said:
Sphinx said:
JoulesThief said:

Whatever makes you feel good.... What you're doing is not the best for the battery, it's best for the displayed guess on the instrument panel. The more efficiently you drive, the larger the number will be. So, if you stretch to get more miles out of the battery on one day, it will display more miles the next day. However, fully draining the battery will shorten its life and its actual energy storage capacity. Whether you notice the degradation or if it even matters to you is another story.

The part that isn't best is that I charge it to 100% each time, instead of 80%. But there's no way for me to control that when I plug in unless I keep running out to the car to see how full it is.

Sphinx said:
The part that isn't best is that I charge it to 100% each time, instead of 80%. But there's no way for me to control that when I plug in unless I keep running out to the car to see how full it is.
Nissan took away the 80% charge control so that their EPA range number would be bigger. Lame.

Back