2018 eGolf delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
macgeek said:
Posting from Ontario, Canada where e-Golfs are reserved out to 2019...

We didn’t do a deposit; we just kept some open lines of communication with a few dealers. This week we received an email out of the blue asking us if we were interested in an e-Golf as some purchasers had backed out of their reservation. We jumped on it and pick up our car this Friday!

...so pumped.

Our family vehicles will now be a 2017 Audi A3 etron and a 2018 VW e-Golf. My son calls this combo “the dream team”.

How have you been liking the Audi?

royal52 said:
macgeek said:
Posting from Ontario, Canada where e-Golfs are reserved out to 2019...

We didn’t do a deposit; we just kept some open lines of communication with a few dealers. This week we received an email out of the blue asking us if we were interested in an e-Golf as some purchasers had backed out of their reservation. We jumped on it and pick up our car this Friday!

...so pumped.

Our family vehicles will now be a 2017 Audi A3 etron and a 2018 VW e-Golf. My son calls this combo “the dream team”.

How have you been liking the Audi?

I really, really like it. I previously had a Nissan LEAF and have loved the upgrade to better tech, the fit and finish, etc... and at first I thought it was a bit of a compromise to move back to a car that takes gas, but I love the convenience of having no range anxiety.

It’s really, really good.

Going to pick up my e-Golf in an hour :cool:
This was my experience ordering e-golf:

test drove e-golf in august 20017 in Vancouver, and was told by the dealer that there is only 3 dealers here authorized to sell e-golf in vancouver. contacted all of them and they were all sold out on their allocated cars for 2017. and of curse huge waiting list for 2018 cars.
one dealer called me in September saying somebody just backed out on a car arriving in october. i signed up immediately. dealer calls me in oct that car is here, but one off the incentives here in BC run out of money for 2017 so i bailed. unhappy with it i started calling all vw dealerships in lower mainland and one of them had pre-ordered 3 for Jan 2018 delivery but haven't sold any of them yet. so 30mins later I was at the dealer and put my money down on 1 of them. long story short I'm getting it today after 4months from paying to getting it. I guess what im trying to say is that you should try to call every vw dealer in your city to see who can get you one the fastest.

That is 2018 year's Egolf, and as other model or other brand, it's same as 2017.
The model always same in 3 years, then they upgrade some thing , call " second half " model, or " face lift " in same generation.
Each generation last 6 years, then go to next.
For VW, they name I, II, II, IV... now the Egolf is VII (7) generation (2017-2018,201. ...., same as regular golf VII.

I ordered my golf in Kingston on August 4,2017. Was told 4-6 months (which would have been Feb). Now have been told I am first in line to receive when it comes in - which won’t be until July. Car just going on manufacture line at end of March. Leaf may come in before then.
Really wanted the Golf though :((

Back