2016 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preilly44

Hello all,

About two months ago I read the 2016 E-Golf SEL would have adaptive cruise cruise (where the car slows down based on the speed of the traffic in front of it) and automatic emergency braking. Is this correct?

Patrick

Have you gone online to VW's website, and looked up an e-Golf, to build one up the way you like it? All that info should be on their website.

I looked on VW's site and didn't see any of it listed. I am hoping that I am just missing it and someone who has a 2016 can confirm one way or the other. Thanks.

http://media.vw.com/release/1031/

Forward collision avoidance technology, subject to late availability. Wait it out. Parking steering assist also.

Hej.

My e-Golf has ACC (radar-supported cruise control) as extra and AndroidAuto as standard.

Cheers,
Oliver

oke said:
Hej.

My e-Golf has ACC (radar-supported cruise control) as extra and AndroidAuto as standard.

Cheers,
Oliver

Are you in the US? VW's US cars are generally de-contented from their EU-equivalents, even if they come from European factories such as with the eGolf. For example, CarPlay and Android Auto were not available in the eGolf for the 2015 model year. We also have a much narrower range of options to choose from.

Hej RonDawg.

I am from Denmark. And it really seems there are quite some differences...

Bye,
Oliver

JoulesThief said:

Forward collision avoidance technology, subject to late availability. Wait it out. Parking steering assist also.

Very confused. Are they saying it will be a software feature/upgrade that will be supported on the 2016s? Or that only "2016 1/2" models will offer it?

johnnylingo said:
JoulesThief said:

Very confused. Are they saying it will be a software feature/upgrade that will be supported on the 2016s? Or that only "2016 1/2" models will offer it?
The "Driver Assistance Package" will be an available option on the cars later this year. It will not be retrofit or upgrade, they just didn't make any with that option package at the beginning of the 2016 model year production run.

To me, it's actually very strange that the cars don't have any options available, just trim level (SEL / SE) and exterior color and maybe an interior color if your exterior color also has that choice. However, it is common for EV compliance cars. My RAV4 EV was only available in three exterior colors and all the interiors are identical.

A dealer local to me had an optional lighting package for about $1400 dollars more than the one we ended up leasing.

One person told me it included adaptive headlights and another said it was LED.
I didn't see it in person.

The one I ended up leasing had a First Aid kit.

So there are options out there but I don't think the dealers are ordering them in large numbers.

bizzle said:
A dealer local to me had an optional lighting package for about $1400 dollars more than the one we ended up leasing.

So there are options out there but I don't think the dealers are ordering them in large numbers.
You can see the lighting package on the ICE Golf for $995, but there are no configurable option packages on the e-Golf when you build it on vw.com. I'm inclined to think the dealer didn't know what they were talking about.

miimura said:
bizzle said:

You can see the lighting package on the ICE Golf for $995, but there are no configurable option packages on the e-Golf when you build it on vw.com. I'm inclined to think the dealer didn't know what they were talking about.

/\ This, a quick way to put more profit in their pocket. This must have been the car I saw for sale on Cars.com at VW Coachella Valley.

JoulesThief said:
miimura said:
bizzle said:

/\ This, a quick way to put more profit in their pocket. This must have been the car I saw for sale on Cars.com at VW Coachella Valley.
If that's what they were trying to do, it was a pretty ballsy lie to say it had an option on it that wouldn't be on the sheet when I looked and they also lost the sale.

Here is the car: http://www.mossyvolkswagen.com/new/Volkswagen/2016-Volkswagen-e-Golf-2f8535020a0e0a1762721e364f1c4a33.htm

The internet sales manager told me the only one she had on the lot had the "lighting package" but didn't know what it entailed. Murrieta told me that she didn't have any idea what that was, she speculated that it might be the adaptive package she had on her personal VW. Murrieta beat Sunnyvale's price by a few hundred bucks when I emailed her the quote. Then I called back to Mossy to give them a chance to match or beat (I have long-term relationships with both dealerships) and the sales person told me he couldn't do it. I asked him about the lighting package and he said he wasn't sure but thought it might be LED driving lights.

So one person saying she was just reading it off the sheet and two people saying they didn't know and were just speculating as to what it was. The ones who said theirs had the lighting package gave me a price that seemed based on believing it had that option and wouldn't go any lower, so either their sheet is wrong or they just gave up on the sale.

Even the sales person who had been trained at a three day seminar on the eGolf didn't know the full ins and outs of the 2016. He didn't know that the 2016 SE doesn't lock the charger, for example.

Well, it is simple to do, just ask them to email you a copy of the Maroni sticker, and we can go over it with a fine toothed comb to see what the lighting package is. :mrgreen:

Back