2017 eGolf and JuiceBox Pro 40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kataleen

Today I got a bit frustrated with the charger. I've been using the JuiceBox Pro for about two weeks now and realized that I had the wrong setting in the app with regards to total battery capacity which was defaulted by the app to the 2016 value of 24 Kwh.

Long story short: I changed the settings in the app to: Total range: 245 Km (that's what I had on the dash when I got the car fully charged) and 35.8 Kwh.
Question is, when I plug in, how do I know to what value to set the current state of the battery on the green dial screen? (JuiceBox iPhone app) It allows me to set either current range in km (which is total guess work on the dash) or the current charge in Kwh (which I am not sure where to check). Is that value available anywhere in the menus or dash? (I have the virtual cockpit).

I ask because I realized that, when I was usually starting to charge, I was setting the current level of charge in the app to the value on the dash, the app was charging to 100% (at least what it thought to be 100%) just to see that the dash was still somewhere at 80%. And of course the JuiceBox stopped charging thinking the battery was full. As a solution to that, lately I always set the app to think it was starting at 0% and let the car stop charging, not the EVSE

I don't think the app controls the actual limit. It is just an information it displays. We have a Bolt EV as well as an e-Golf, and we have to manually swith the app between the two cars - and they both charge as they should.

kataleen said:
Today I got a bit frustrated with the charger. I've been using the JuiceBox Pro for about two weeks now and realized that I had the wrong setting in the app with regards to total battery capacity which was defaulted by the app to the 2016 value of 24 Kwh.

Long story short: I changed the settings in the app to: Total range: 245 Km (that's what I had on the dash when I got the car fully charged) and 35.8 Kwh.
Question is, when I plug in, how do I know to what value to set the current state of the battery on the green dial screen? (JuiceBox iPhone app) It allows me to set either current range in km (which is total guess work on the dash) or the current charge in Kwh (which I am not sure where to check). Is that value available anywhere in the menus or dash? (I have the virtual cockpit).

I ask because I realized that, when I was usually starting to charge, I was setting the current level of charge in the app to the value on the dash, the app was charging to 100% (at least what it thought to be 100%) just to see that the dash was still somewhere at 80%. And of course the JuiceBox stopped charging thinking the battery was full. As a solution to that, lately I always set the app to think it was starting at 0% and let the car stop charging, not the EVSE

You will have to contact e motorwerks via email and ask them to add the 2017 35.8KWh model e-Golf to their application, and tell them the 2017 has a 50% higher capacity, so they can add it to their base of models and ranges in their app.

Back