CA Rebate form

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've filled out the online part of the CA rebate form for the e-Golf to get my $2500

Now for supporting documentation they want something to prove it's a maintenance free battery and it has at least a 24 month warranty.

What documentation proves that?

Thanks,
kevin

The Maintenance Free Battery thing only applies to ZEM and NEV. The e-Golf is not one of those.

Required documentation will include, at a minimum, the following:
- A copy of the CVRP application form signed by the vehicle purchaser, lessee or authorized representative.
- Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration.
- A copy of the executed and signed sales or lease contract with an itemization of credits, discounts and incentives received, if applicable.
__For eligible zero-emission motorcycles (ZEMs) and neighborhood electric vehicles (NEVs), evidence of sealed maintenance-free batteries (if lead acid) and a 24-month warranty.
- Proof of California residency:
__For individuals, a copy of a California driver’s license. Individuals who do not have a California driver’s license will be required to provide a legible copy of an alternate unique identifier as approved by the Administrator. They must also provide proof of California residency in the form of a utility or cable bill within the last 3 months, a copy of the current DMV registration of another vehicle in the name of the purchaser or lessee, a signed, dated, and notarized residential rental agreement, or other valid form of California residency as approved by ARB.
__For a business or nonprofit, a copy of the formation document filed with the California Secretary of State or other documentation as approved by the Administrator. Sole proprietors may submit a copy of a utility or cable bill from within the last 3 months, a copy of the current DMV registration of another vehicle in the name of the purchaser or lessee, or a notarized rental agreement.

Yeah, when I filled out the CA rebate form I never provided any information about a maintenance free battery.

Yea, that's strange. I did mine in CA as well and nothing like that was requested.

You need to check your submission if you enter all correctly.

vetaldj said:
Yea, that's strange. I did mine in CA as well and nothing like that was requested.

You need to check your submission if you enter all correctly.

I did mine in the California a month ago as well, only had to send pictures of drivers license, purchase agreement, registration, and that extra slip of paper that came with the registration or hov stickers, don't remember that certifies it as zero emissions vehicle. Support contacted me about an issue with the quality of the scanned purchase agreement PDF, and they allowed me to send in photos taken by the iPhone via email to finalize the process, so was not complicated.

I cashed the $2500 check yesterday :)

Same.

License
Sales Agreement
Rebate Form
Registration.

Had to send in my registration twice. First time was the temporary one. Since it has been sitting in the sun getting hammered, it faded. I tried my best while scanning it to make it legible. Got an email a couple days later saying as such. Luckily, that same day I got the email, my plates came. So I just scanned the registration card and got an email back saying "Congrats, your rebate is approved"

Now I am just checking every few days to see if they have mailed it. I need that $2500 :)

Filled my Rebate form out with all the picture attachments of the requested documents on Oct 8th, check was mailed November 5th.

Back