Delayed charging no longer works, again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deschodt

Hmm... Recently I deleted Car-net app from my phone and the delayed charging stopped working. Odd... I reset it in the car and it started working again, until.... it stopped working again a week later...In doubt, I created a new profile for departure and checked the "11PM-7AM" charge time. The button for delayed charge is pressed... Yet, the minute I plug in, it sucks electrons immediately, regardless..

So yes, I use a clipper creek HCS something or other (the recommended one). I know there have been past issues with CC chargers and delayed charge, BUT note that delayed charge worked flawlessly for 6 months... It started happening when messing with Carnet, coincidentally when VW emailed me I would no longer enjoy its benefits soon.

Is that worth taking to the dealer, or am I gonna hear about my charger not being supported ? At this point I'm eating it, I plug it in before going to bed even if it is earlier than 11PM, too bad about my savings for the first few KWH.... Thought about reducing charge speed so it consumes less and takes longer to charge (and costs me less) if I cannot restore this function...

Any tips on how to reset it all or start over or whatever are welcome...

PS: bonus Q: What's the black dust all over my tailgate within a week ? Road dirt ? (can't be exhaust, doubt it'sbrake dust)... If so why isn't it on my non-electric cars ? The car is white for about 3 days then the entire rear end is covered in black dust that washes off with a simple rinse...not very sticky, Odd...

Deschodt said:
Hmm... Recently I deleted Car-net app from my phone and the delayed charging stopped working. Odd... I reset it in the car and it started working again, until.... it stopped working again a week later...In doubt, I created a new profile for departure and checked the "11PM-7AM" charge time. The button for delayed charge is pressed... Yet, the minute I plug in, it sucks electrons immediately, regardless..

So yes, I use a clipper creek HCS something or other (the recommended one). I know there have been past issues with CC chargers and delayed charge, BUT note that delayed charge worked flawlessly for 6 months... It started happening when messing with Carnet, coincidentally when VW emailed me I would no longer enjoy its benefits soon.

Is that worth taking to the dealer, or am I gonna hear about my charger not being supported ? At this point I'm eating it, I plug it in before going to bed even if it is earlier than 11PM, too bad about my savings for the first few KWH.... Thought about reducing charge speed so it consumes less and takes longer to charge (and costs me less) if I cannot restore this function...

Any tips on how to reset it all or start over or whatever are welcome...

PS: bonus Q: What's the black dust all over my tailgate within a week ? Road dirt ? (can't be exhaust, doubt it'sbrake dust)... If so why isn't it on my non-electric cars ? The car is white for about 3 days then the entire rear end is covered in black dust that washes off with a simple rinse...not very sticky, Odd...

The dirt on the back of the e-Golf is a fact of life. Mine does it too. A vacuum is created back there for any dust or dirt in the air to settle on. It's the same on the back of my Touareg... it is not the same on the back of my 2014 Passat, except near the license plate area, rear valence. It's the signature of a very efficient aerodynamically designed car, it makes a good depository for dust and dirt. Get used to it, it's the price of efficiency.

Back