electrical failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks Let me tell you a story Today was a bad day, driving for about 2 miles and my car turns into a brick on the road. Dead! stops moving, dash says electrical failure. Had to have it towed. Luckily I was able to get a loaner. They failed to mention that is what happens when I bought the car. What would have happened it if I was travelling at 70 miles per hour in the highway. I'm not happy one bit

stryker1969 said:
Folks Let me tell you a story Today was a bad day, driving for about 2 miles and my car turns into a brick on the road. Dead! stops moving, dash says electrical failure. Had to have it towed. Luckily I was able to get a loaner. They failed to mention that is what happens when I bought the car. What would have happened it if I was travelling at 70 miles per hour in the highway. I'm not happy one bit

Yikes. How long have you had the car? Did they give you an e-Golf loaner, or a diesel? :) Please keep us informed as to what happens.

You should report this to NHTSA at https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/.

There's been several reports of this - it can be extremely dangerous and it's a definite vehicle safety issue.

I read on some other thread that this is a "bad pedal" issue but I'm not sure the cause has been found.

Back