Need to hit unlock each time removing the charging cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the car needs to in the unlock state to remove the charging cable. But I am noticing even when the car is unlocked and sitting in the garage, I go to remove the charging cable and the cable seems locked to the car. I have to go around to the driver's door, open it, hit unlock button and then walk back around the car to remove the charging cable. I have already unchecked the auto lock button and the car at this time is not locked from all the four doors point of view. But it seems charging cable removal does not work unless you hit the unlock button again. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. That's just how it is :(

You can open the passenger's side door and press the door unlock button twice to release the cable though, to make it at least a tiny bit less annoying.

It's a Volkswagen, and that's a "feature" on the e-Golf. The handle locks, every time, so press the keyfob to unlock the handle. Think of it being like a trunk that locks, every time you close it.

Back