Problem with included level 1 charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintTiki

Hey guys.

I've had the car for two weeks now but have been staying in a hotel waiting for my house. I've thus far only been able to charge on the go at level 2 stations in town and the occasional DC fast charge when time is short and charge is low.

I'm in the house now and plugged the car in almost four hours ago with the included level 1, 110v charger. I started with about 37 miles of range. I now have 39 miles of range... Which means I've gotten roughly 500wH of power in nearly 4 hours. I checked my amperage limits in car net and it's set to 32A so that isn't the factor. It seems like the charging stops frequently for no reason and starts itself back up shortly after. That's my best guess based on some observations. The charging ETC was 10:45. It hasn't changed.

Anyone seen this before. Could my level 1 be faulty? I have no trouble when I'm out on level 2.

Well I set the amperage limit to 10 and it seems to have taken some charge overnight. Not sure what the deal is though.

yep, could be a faulty charger. should have gotten around 20mi in that time. just make sure the top button in the charge port is lit so it's not doing some sort of delayed charge/min charge level thing.

Set the charge rate to maximum. The charger advertises to the car what the maximum amperage that it will supply is, so you don't need to know the exact charger output.

There are two reasons I can think to ever use the charge rate limit - one is that you have multiple level 2 chargers on the same circuit, and want to use them at the same time. The second, your wall outlet (level 1) is decrepit, and you fear it will overheat.

So set the limit to 32 amps, and you will always get what the charger is willing to provide, even if that is only 10 amps at 110 volts.

I had a problem where I started the charge at night by pressing the top button, watched it start pulsing green, then came down in the morning and the lights next to the plug were all off and the car had only about 10-20% more charge than it did when I plugged it in. Pressing the top button again got it working. This seems sort of similar

Back