What did you do with your eGolf today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tech Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't see a check in thread like so figured I'd create one just to see what everyone is up to.

What did you do to/in your eGolf today? Take a trip? Just ride around? Did you work on it? Any issues?

Let us all know what you did, no matter how small.

I drove it about 50 miles each day this week, as I do most weeks, to commute to work. 65,000 miles and counting. Car is working very well. I got a new set of OEM tires at 60,000 miles and the car is so much quieter now since I had patches in 3 out of the 4 original tires.

I didn't see a check in thread like so figured I'd create one just to see what everyone is up to.

What did you do to/in your eGolf today? Take a trip? Just ride around? Did you work on it? Any issues?

Let us all know what you did, no matter how small.
I've been lurking/reading for over a year - picked up my '19 SE almost exactly a year ago, this forum (and others like MK7VW, VWVortex) have been helpful.
Since I only unplugged the basic level1/granny-charger/110V cord today and didn't drive anywhere, I'll share what I've done to date:
"Drive Electric" License Plate. Tennesse design has "lightning" and dark blue a good match for the blue "e"
Removed CA HOV/EV decals (they're tough!)
HighCapacity SD card for lots of FLAC files to listen to *Amazing Audio* in this car.
New tires (Continental ECS DWS 06) that are quieter, smoother and *much* better dry or wet traction than Ecopias were. No real range hit (3% or less)
Ecopia tires also had severe dry-rot - significant bulge in front drivers sidewall prompted "replace 'em now" decision, even though "tread" still remained
New Wiper Blades (Bosch AeroTwin pack a great deal)
New Cabin AirFilter (I'm using MANN)
My account avatar - added "Rabbit" badge with blue to match "e" - after removing chrome "Golf" letters.
Removed side emblems, removed front "eGolf"
Covered all chrome with black vinyl (front grille, lower front, VW logo F/R, rear bumper chrome)
Added early eGolf "engine cover" - plastic shroud that pops onto bare aluminum AC converter block underhood
Rear lower control arm aero-shields (like MK8 Golf)
Had an issue when AC charging quit working (level1 or 2) but local VW dealer covered fully under warranty, replaced AC onboard charger completely.
Changed Steering weight to "Dynamic" with VCDS
Bought OE VW Jack and Handle, local HarborFreight 1/2" breaker bar and 17mm socket to have emergency wheel kit in trunk
Cut high-density foam to hold Jack, Handle, LugWrench in trunk (much less than the $80+ VW wants for its foam tool tray)
Underbody jack point mounts (reinforced round pucks) installed
Key Fob/Remote battery replacement (both keys now)
Finally got EU/ROW (rest-of-world) OE VW rear tail lights installed/coded - Dynamic Amber turn signals, Brighter LED brakelights that stay lit with signals
Installed OSRAM dynamic mirror turnsignals - great fit, excellent instructions and look/work perfectly. (Found out original LH light was broken)
Changed comfort-blink (1-tap of turnsignal) from 3blinks to 4blinks in VCDS
Updated rear brakelights to have "emergency flash" when hard braking (as in Europe) with VCDS coding
Just received EU Eibach Pro-Kit eGolf lowering springs - non-progressive, including bumpstops
Will install with KoniSport dampers, Whiteline front lower control arms (for additional caster) and Whiteline 22mm rear swaybar upgrade
New wheels for after all the suspension work - Audi d2 Winterfelgen (forged Fuchs) in 16x7 - lighter than stock by 3+lbs/wheel, perfect fit, all silver color
Outdoor dual outlet 14-50R + 5-20GFCI box (like for RV/campground) since I've got carport rather than garage
Appointment with electrician to install 14-50 circuit for Grizzl-E level2 charger (finally!!)
Pictures eventually - I want to have a full "before - after" contrast.

Yeah, I'm going deep into the (VW) rabbit hole! Today updates -
Just got and installed low-profile rear headrests (already had removed middle).
Exact-match EU/ROW versions are $200+ each, plus shipping - I ordered ebay/recycler yard MK6 "jetta" dark gray cloth units - all three $70, shipping included!
True, not a perfect color match - original headrests are dark-charcoal (almost black) gray, these are medium-dark gray (like center of seat fabric) - but they fit *perfectly* and there's more visibility out rear window. Install took less time than this post. I'm happy.
Whiteline rear (anti)swaybar (22mm) also arrived today - only unboxed that, not quite a "let's pop it on and see how it fits" like headrests.

Attachments

• LowProfile Rear Headrests.jpg
    LowProfile Rear Headrests.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
Back