Wifi / car net issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khayyat

Wifi and car net questions.

Hello guys, i have 2 problems / questions.

Fist of all when i tried to register to car net, i called them and they told me my vin is not
Pulling the vin number. And they told me to press the I button on the car,
And when i press it, it says car net service is not activated please call .... which is the same number i’ve called before. Any tips ?

On another note, i’ve tried to navigate in my memu there is mo w lan connection what so ever. And no sim card slot.

Give me some tips please

WLAN is not active by default on the 2019s, for whatever reason. You can activate it with OBD11, but it's pointless as it doesn't seem to do anything for Car-Net, nor any of the infotainment functions.

The SIM stuff for Car-Net is built in and not changeable (or at least not user accessible) on the North American models. I think the European ones have an actual SIM slot, but the NA ones don't.

Now, as to the problem with registering for CarNet... don't have much advice for you there unfortunately. Is this a new 2019? I had trouble with insurance initially because they didn't know the VIN existed. Seems weird that Car-Net wouldn't know about it, though....

Did you get this car via private sale or from a VW dealer? If the latter, the VW dealer must contact Carnet. Our VW dealer had to do this, sales rep told us he is use to the issue & knew the direct work around.

Yeah I had to hound the dealership to get car-net reset with VW when I got the pre-owned 2016.

I’m not sure if the 2016 SE is supposed to have wifi, but if yours doesn’t you still aren’t missing anything ...

Back