[Bay Area Leasing] Good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nupami said:
Finalized a 12K miles lease deal on 2016 SE

$1500 Drive off (Including first payment)
$163 Per month (Including Tax)

Total Out of Pocket = 35*$163 + $1500 = $7205 [~$200 Per Month before CA rebate]

$131 final cost per month [after CA rebate]
Just sent you a PM. Please send me some info as well. Thank you

Replied to your PM.

pheonix said:
nupami said:
Finalized a 12K miles lease deal on 2016 SE

$1500 Drive off (Including first payment)
$163 Per month (Including Tax)

Total Out of Pocket = 35*$163 + $1500 = $7205 [~$200 Per Month before CA rebate]

$131 final cost per month [after CA rebate]
Just sent you a PM. Please send me some info as well. Thank you

Hi, just sent you a PM,
I am in a process of finding a good deal on the VW eGolf myself, could please share with me your dealer info?
Thanks!

Replied.

vdmtrn said:
Hi, just sent you a PM,
I am in a process of finding a good deal on the VW eGolf myself, could please share with me your dealer info?
Thanks!

Hi nupami,

Please also PM me the dealership and sales contact info.
I would really appreciate this! Thanks.

Thought I'd share this information related to owning an EV in California, from the perspective of an owner converting from a gasoline engine car:

my leased car: 2016 eGolf SEL Premium with the larger 7.2kw battery.

1. $2500 check in this case from the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program: 30-90 days
2. Electric service (PG&E) rate plan change for EVs: 7 days.
3. VW provided free membership cards to the ChargePoint network. I was able to signup immediately with an active card ready for charging.
4. Promotional NRG/EVGo card from the dealer: 1 day. Promotion good for 60 days of free charging.
5. VW CarPoint: 3-years free for VW Egolf owners: Android App does not work until 48 hours (Accdng to Carpoint customer service). Eventually, carnet connected successfully within 24 hours. CarPoint has features related to EV charging and remote access to the car. The former will be good for 3 years, with the latter to be removed from the account after 6months unless the owner decides to pay the $100 or so membership fee annually.
6. The HOV stickers take 6-8 weeks to arrive.

The majority of the DC Fast Chargers on the PlugShare app are fitted for cars like Nissan Leaf. The eGolf has will not work on the DC Fast charging stations for the Nissan Leaf because the VW has the SAE combo plug. Nissan has CHAdeMo, which does NOT fit the VW.

In NJ I am being offered $2349 down and $148 per month on the SE with no fast charge. Residual is 41% - around $12,000.

Two questions - 1) should I go back with $1500 upfront as an offer? 2) Does anyone actually use the quick charge option - I am thinking I won't do long trips so not worth it.

Thanks for any advice.

Richard

enviroweb said:
In NJ I am being offered $2349 down and $148 per month on the SE with no fast charge. Residual is 41% - around $12,000.

Two questions - 1) should I go back with $1500 upfront as an offer? 2) Does anyone actually use the quick charge option - I am thinking I won't do long trips so not worth it.

Thanks for any advice.

Richard
Before tax? That's 215/month and while nice, I think you should ask for better.

Please be aware that as of 1/12 the $1500 Competitive Rebate is being offered.

Tell them $0 down and pay the higher monthly payments. It's the same either way at the end, whether you pay a down payment with lower recurring amounts or nothing down and higher recurring amounts.

See if they'll throw an wear and tear protection in there for you, but that cost us about $600 and we got the deal back when it was $2,000 incentive. I pay $199 per month. All the leasing deals are the same. Some money is on the table in the beginning or it's spread over the entire lease term exactly as if you had laid it on the table.

bizzle said:
Tell them $0 down and pay the higher monthly payments. It's the same either way at the end, whether you pay a down payment with lower recurring amounts or nothing down and higher recurring amounts.

See if they'll throw an wear and tear protection in there for you, but that cost us about $600 and we got the deal back when it was $2,000 incentive. I pay $199 per month. All the leasing deals are the same. Some money is on the table in the beginning or it's spread over the entire lease term exactly as if you had laid it on the table.
You should say
Good leasing deals are all the same. Some dealers will try to hit you for the Volkswagen Site version.

In NJ I got $2100 down plus $148/mo for 10000 miles plus 41% residual, including all taxes title etc. and the first service at 10,000 miles. That's $7428 over three years.

enviroweb said:
In NJ I got $2100 down plus $148/mo for 10000 miles plus 41% residual, including all taxes title etc. and the first service at 10,000 miles. That's $7428 over three years.
What did you get exactly? That sounds really good to me.

My local NJ dealer still has a '15 LE and a '15 SEL. Their web site lists both with something like $1999 first payment, $169/mo for about $8k total all-in. 10k miles.

I would have paid them $9k total 5 months ago for the same SEL that's still sitting there but they were not interested enough to follow-up with me. :)

enviroweb said:
? There isn't a first service at 10k

forbin404 said:
enviroweb said:

There is a first service that VW provides, no charge or fee. It's built in to the price of the car, when you buy the car.

I was told by my dealer that first service in not included anymore for 2016 egolfs.
I hope he is wrong !

JoulesThief said:
forbin404 said:
enviroweb said:

There is a first service that VW provides, no charge or fee. It's built in to the price of the car, when you buy the car.

nupami said:
I was told by my dealer that first service in not included anymore for 2016 egolfs.
I hope he is wrong !
This appears to be correct. My 2015 e-Golf LE had the following section on the window sticker:

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------
VOLKSWAGEN CAREFREE MAINTENANCE
Scheduled maintenance services described in the
Volkswagen Maintenance booklet are covered at no
charge for 12 months/10,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
----------------------------------------------------------
That section does not appear on the 2016 window sticker posted to this forum recently.

nupami said:
I hope he is wrong !

I leased a 2016 SE this month from Serramonte VW.

Serramonte scheduled a 90-day checkin/checkup for free to make sure everything is working OK.

The eGolf manual says the first service is due at 1 year/10,000 miles. The service agent at Serramonte estimated it would cost me $99.

The head unit on the car itself (I forget which screen) tells me that the first service is due at 2 years/20,000 miles.

I don't know who to believe but I'll likely pay for a 1 year checkup to fulfill the terms of my lease.

nupami said:

JoulesThief said:
forbin404 said:
There isn't a first service at 10k

CarNet is telling me my next service is not due for another 17,200 miles. My car currently has 2800 miles on it. So I am guessing at VWoA is using the same service interval for the 2015's as well.

cctop said:
I don't know who to believe but I'll likely pay for a 1 year checkup to fulfill the terms of my lease.
My display is telling me my inspection isn't due for another year, too. But what terms of the lease are you referring to?

Back