Any special plates in eGolf land?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmwtech

22504568824_6faec45334_o_d.jpg

The whole reason I got the e-Golf is the blending in with my surroundings, stealthiness, instead of having an electric "look at me" car. I don't feel the need to have to make a statement that I drive a BEV Zero Emissions stickered car to the masses. Those at charging stations know what I have, they are the ones that count. Of course, the C shaped LED's stand out, to those that know what to look for, other e-Golf owners.

I'm just having fun. This is the most low-key car I have ever owned. I literally couldn't find it in a sea of camry's and honda's at Whole Foods. Granted I'm not used to looking for it yet. Now I have a bike rack on the top, should be easier to find. Happy e-Golfin y'all!

Bmwtech said:
I'm just having fun. This is the most low-key car I have ever owned. I literally couldn't find it in a sea of camry's and honda's at Whole Foods. Granted I'm not used to looking for it yet. Now I have a bike rack on the top, should be easier to find. Happy e-Golfin y'all!

Did you end up ordering it? I have one on order. We'll see if it comes through.

Bmwtech said:
This is the most low-key car I have ever owned. I literally couldn't find it in a sea of camry's and honda's at Whole Foods.

The eGolf is so stealthy, that when I went to a Drive Electric event, one of the parking lot marshals told me to park it by the ICEVs :lol:

RonDawg said:
Bmwtech said:
This is the most low-key car I have ever owned. I literally couldn't find it in a sea of camry's and honda's at Whole Foods.

The eGolf is so stealthy, that when I went to a Drive Electric event, one of the parking lot marshals told me to park it by the ICEVs :lol:

And THAT is why the e-Golf appeals to me so much. Stealth, it's a sleeper. Freaks the Tesla guys out. I would absolutely LOVE to have a Tesla to SAE adapter,or even just a Tesla to J-1772 adapter just so I could go charge up at the Tesla places. Or at least have Tesla add in j-1772 chargers at their places to spread the EV love around a bit.

DasCC said:
Bmwtech said:

Did you end up ordering it? I have one on order. We'll see if it comes through.

The one in the first post is mine: EGOLFIN
Hoping it doesn't take "4-8 weeks"

JoulesThief said:
I would absolutely LOVE to have a Tesla to SAE adapter,or even just a Tesla to J-1772 adapter just so I could go charge up at the Tesla places.

O/T but I thought when using a Tesla charging station, the car's VIN is transmitted back to the mother ship? IIRC that's how they know who's been abusing the SuperChargers. If that's the case you wouldn't be able to charge there unless Tesla opens up those charging stations to non-Tesla cars.

RonDawg said:
JoulesThief said:
I would absolutely LOVE to have a Tesla to SAE adapter,or even just a Tesla to J-1772 adapter just so I could go charge up at the Tesla places.
O/T but I thought when using a Tesla charging station, the car's VIN is transmitted back to the mother ship? IIRC that's how they know who's been abusing the SuperChargers. If that's the case you wouldn't be able to charge there unless Tesla opens up those charging stations to non-Tesla cars.
Tesla has AC charging too, not just Superchargers. Since they have the proprietary connector, you would need an adapter, which people are working on producing. The signals on the Tesla HPWC (High Power Wall Connector EVSE) is just J1772. This kind of adapter is useful for people who primarily use the HPWC to charge their Tesla, but also want to charge another EV occasionally. Of course, some people will also use it to charge their EV on Tesla's destination chargers while traveling.

There is no viable use case for a Tesla to SAE-Combo adapter.

miimura said:
RonDawg said:
JoulesThief said:
Tesla has AC charging too, not just Superchargers. Since they have the proprietary connector, you would need an adapter, which people are working on producing. The signals on the Tesla HPWC (High Power Wall Connector EVSE) is just J1772. This kind of adapter is useful for people who primarily use the HPWC to charge their Tesla, but also want to charge another EV occasionally. Of course, some people will also use it to charge their EV on Tesla's destination chargers while traveling.

There is no viable use case for a Tesla to SAE-Combo adapter.

Actually, I am clueless as to why there is neither a destination charger or super charger, or even a J1772 in all of Bishop CA, on 395, before going up the Sherwin Grade. Tesla tried, I understand it got nixed, so they went further down the road to Lone Pine, but still, that's 60 miles further south, not right before the big grade, where a nice full top charge would be nice, since you use up so much of it gaining 4000 feet in elevation in 40 miles, heading north to the high country and Mammoth Mtn.

Back